Wednesday, 2 September 2009

Some Pictures!












So here are a few pictures of our flat and the view from the flat, just to give you all an idea of what it looks like :) I'd post more but I actually have barely taken any... I'll work on that.

We're back at that café (called Tea Tree Tea) since we still don't have internet. It's supposed to be arriving tomorrow, but then again, they also said it would be at the house by last Monday, so I'm not counting on it.
Anyway, so more updates from across the lake. Still getting adjusted to some things... like seeing people make out in the hallways (definitely didn't get that at HNA!) and sometimes the accents are still a bit hard to understand. I think people think I'm deaf because I ask them to repeat what they're saying, sometimes multiple times. Oops. But otherwise life is pretty dandy here. It is a bit odd not to be at HNA right now, especially when I'm still getting the emails for orchestra and volunteer opportunities and such, and everyone on Facebook is talking about their essays and annoying teachers and whatever else.
One thing I was worried about here was the whole "green" scheme -- if we'd find organic food, if we'd have local food, if there would be a farmers market, if there's recycling, if there's compost, and so on. Luckily, we have been able to find local and organic food, and there's a nice farmers market every Saturday just a few minutes walk away from here. However, none of it is as widespread as in Seattle. We have to drive twenty minutes to an organic food place, where we drop off our compost (no regular compost here is probably the number one killer). But we've done pretty well otherwise. There's a ton of fair trade products everywhere. There's a really awesome fair trade store close by to us, with fair trade everything, pretty much (we buy our peanut butter and dried fruit from there :D).
We've also been lucky enough to see two Fringe shows: Sweeney Todd, and Pappy's Fun Club's World Record Attempt: 200 Sketches in One Hour. Sweeney Todd was good, especially for a high school production, but perhaps not the most memorable of shows. Pappy's Fun Club, on the other hand, was the funniest show. Ever. It's about these four guys (Tom, Brendan, Ben, and Matthew) who attempt to break the record of 200 sketches in an hour. It's super hard to describe the hilarity of it, but if you're curious you can check out their website here.
So that's really it! I'll be back to update more when there's more going on in my life... But for now, I'll just have to deal with the homework load ahead of me. Yay.

3 comments:

  1. Do you know how very lucky you are!!!! LIKE HOLY CRAP!!!! what are you going to do about school??? (btw this is jessica from snjm camp:P) i have a blog too!!! haha but i am not in europe:( I WISH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol u r one funny child. I'm on my iPod now so it's hard to type but ill write more later. Cuuuute flat! I'm in class with bribri now so I'm gonna go adiossss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!! Haha well I'm attending school here until like January and then I head back to Seattle where hopefully I'll be doing the same thing so I can jump right back in with Holy Names! You know Winnipeg is a pretty awesome place to be as well :) I miss SNJM camp!!!!

    ReplyDelete